Wednesday, October 6, 2010

World Teachers Day!!! Happy Teachers Day!!!

        This day is for one of the greatest people on earth------Teachers!!! To all my teachers, who molded me and even to those who have given me heartaches...I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know I can never surpass you...you know why? Because I will always be your student...no matter what...
       Today is the World Teachers Day. Just to make this post "informative", let me share to you a little bit of history of this occasion. The idea of celebrating "Teachers Day" started in India, in reverence to its great teacher, Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. On the other hand, World Teachers Day celebrated every October 5, started since1994, signifying the important role of teachers especially in molding and developing humankind. This is supported by UNESCO and Education International, and has been recognized and celebrated by over 100 countires worldwide.
          Let us not forget our teachers. They are just there, in our old classrooms waiting for us to visit them. They may not be perfect, but let us always remember how they have painstakingly and patiently taught us, saving us from ignorance and learnlessness.

1 comment: